What to Expect During Your Motorway Driving Course with DriveFix
During your Motorway Driving Lessons London, your instructor will cover a range of topics. Some of the things you can expect to learn include:
- Lane Discipline – Motorways usually have three or more lanes, and it’s important to know which lane to use and when to change lanes. Your instructor at DriveFix will teach you how to use the left lane for normal driving, the middle lane for overtaking, and the right lane for faster-moving traffic.
- Joining and Leaving the Motorway – Joining and leaving the motorway can be tricky, especially during busy periods. You will be taught how to merge safely onto the motorway and how to exit the motorway using slip roads.
- Overtaking and Changing Lanes – Overtaking and changing lanes require good observation, planning, and judgement. You will also learn how to check your mirrors and blind spots, signal correctly, and make safe manoeuvres.
- Speed Management – Speed limits on motorways are higher than on other roads, but it’s important to drive at a speed that is safe and appropriate for the conditions. Your instructor will teach you how to judge your speed and adjust it according to traffic flow and weather conditions.
- Advanced Driving Techniques – Your approved driving instructor (ADI) may also teach you advanced driving techniques, such as defensive driving, eco-driving, and anticipation skills, to help you become a safer and more efficient driver.
How Can I Keep Myself Safe while Driving on the Motorway?
Here are some tips for staying safe while driving on the motorway:
- Check Your Vehicle – Before your lesson, ensure that your vehicle is in good working order and that you have enough gasoline. Check the tyre pressure, lights, and brakes, as well as the screen wash and oil.
- Refresh your knowledge of the Highway Code – The Highway Code comprises regulations and recommendations for driving on highways. Reading and comprehending the pertinent sections can assist you in feeling more confident throughout your courses.
- Get Enough Rest – Driving on the highway can be stressful, so take frequent rests to avoid fatigue and keep aware. If you begin to feel exhausted, pull over and rest.
- Be alert of weather conditions – On the highway, weather conditions can change quickly, so be aware of any weather warnings and adjust your driving accordingly.
- Pay attention to all the Motorway signs – Motorway signs are an important aspect of highway driving since they provide critical information to drivers to maintain their safety and efficiency.
What is the Speed Limit on a Highway?
The standard speed limit for vehicles and motorcyclists on a motorway in the United Kingdom is 70 miles per hour (mph) or 112 kilometres per hour (km/h). However, the allowed speed may be altered due to road repair, inclement weather, or other reasons.
Motorway Driving Lessons Costs
On average, motorway driving lessons in the UK can cost between £30 to £50 per hour. DriveFix offers discounts for block bookings or longer lessons, so it’s worth checking with our customer service or instructor to see which kind of package deals we provide.
How It Works
LEARN TO DRIVE IN 4 SIMPLE STEPS
We are here to provide you with the best driving courses
Motorway Driving lessons might be difficult, but with the correct preparation and direction, you can become a safe and confident driver. If you’re anxious about driving on the highway, schedule a class with a DriveFix driving instructor who can teach you the skills and methods you’ll need to succeed. Remember to stay attentive, aware, and have fun on the ride!
Rated 5 out of 5
I took only 12-14 lessons and did Pass the practical test on the first attempt🤘🤘.
I took lessons from miss Saima (Drivefix) and she really put a lot of effort to make sure I pass the practical driving test on the first attempt and surely I DiD.
Really friendly and focused teacher.
Dear Drivefix, I don’t have enough words to express my experience and emotions. I had taken many many lessons and had failed the tests before I met you. I did decide not to pursue driving anymore but all credit to you who gave me confidence and convenience me to try once with you. You are amazing and you did turn everything around. I got it and I still don’t believe I did it but all credit goes to you.
She was an awesome great driving instructor she help me a lot from the start. It’s a big achievement for me but only because of her.
Thanks a lot for everything Drivefix